Hi Taco,

thanks indeed for this! - I felt already, that it would be a difficult matter to organize this switch from e-trema to normal e. Still I am glad that there is this solution I will try it in \hypenation{po\discretionary{-}{e}{ë}zie. If this works, then it is enough for the moment.

Thanks

Willi

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hi Willi,

On the lowest level, \discretionary{-}{e}{ë} does this, so
   po\discretionary{-}{e}{ë}zie
is hyphenated correctly.

I doubt that there is a way to automate this (without changing
your input), though.

Cheers,
Taco

Willi Egger wrote:

Good evening!

While typesetting a Dutch text I am confronted with the problem, that in case of a hyphenation of the word poëzie must become po-ezie.
Does anybody know a solution in order to keep automatic hyphenation?

Kind regards

Willi