FabriceL. wrote:

Hi,

Hans, it's so instructive to read yout post... I have learned from this last post 2 new commands ! However, I think the original poster wish a line who run to the right margin, so I added to your code in the "defineenumeration" a "inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height 1.5pt}\blank". This is not very elegant, but this works. By the way, I'm interested to know if there is a better solution.

> Hans wrote:
> one of you has to wikify this answer ...

I'm not sure how to do this, but I can try how this works.
The complete code follows.
FL.

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=color,backgroundcolor=darkred,backgroundoffset=3pt]

\defineenumeration
 [example]
 [way=bychapter,
  separator=\compoundhyphen,
  chapternumber=yes,
  color=white,
  command=\exampleframed,
  inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height 1.5pt}\blank]

if you say \showstruts you will notice why you need to skip back; your 4pt is a gamble, best do something:

\defineenumeration
[example]
[way=bychapter,
 separator=\compoundhyphen,
 chapternumber=yes,
 color=white,
 command=\exampleframed,
 inbetween=\setups{example:inbetween}]

\startsetups example:inbetween
   \removedepth     % nils strut depth
   \nointerlineskip
   \blackrule[height=1.5pt,width=\hsize,depth=0pt]
   \blank
   \nobreak
\stopsetups

btw, this makes a nice example for a regression test

\defineframed
 [exampleframed]
 [background=color,
  backgroundcolor=black,