Doing thinrules one can place a number of them.
However the interlinespace seems fixed to whatever has been chosen for "small, medium, big". I looked into the code but could not find a more flexible mechanism, as for example
        interlinedistance=dimension

Trying to get the rules close to one another I tried
        \setupthinrules[height=2pt,depth=0pt,interlinespace=medium]
        \thinrule\godown[1pt]\thinrule
But the natural height of the lines then interfers. Setting \godown [negative amount] will work, of course, but seems unnatural to me. At least I feel it condems me to trial and error between the rule dimensions and the amount of backspace.

I therefore suggest making the interlinespace accessible as a distance settable by the user and being the separation between the bottom of the upper and the top of the lowerline in the case of \thinrules[n=2].

By the way, doesn't that give thinrules then the same option as in setuptextrules[distance=dimension]?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer