<--- On Jan 26, Hans Hagen wrote --->

>>> Also, in another post, I had asked if it is possible to have cases that
>>> are numbered, that is, can I get
>>>
>>>    { b , if whatever     (1a)
>>> a ={
>>>    { c,  otherwise       (1b)
>>>
>>> This is not important, but will be nice to have.
>>>

> something like this?
>
> [ code snipped ]

> \placeformula \startformula \startcases
> \NC 2 \NC $ y > 0 $ \NR
> \NC 7 \NC $ x = 7 $ \NR[+]
> \NC 4 \NC otherwise \NR
> \stopcases \stopformula

Not exactly. In this, I get two formula numbers, one for the case
`x=7' and the other for the entire equation. I can remove
\placeformula and almost get the desired behaviour. There should be an
option to flushright the equation number corresponding to each case,
i.e., I should be able to get

|                                                     |
|         ,-                                          |
|         |   15,  if something                   (1) |
|     x = {                                           |
|         |   0,  otherwise                       (2) |
|         `-                                          |

Where the frame is the page boundaries. I hope I am making sense here.

Further, I can not get correct subnumbering here. Look at the output
of

\startformula \startcases
\NC a \NC if something \NR[eq:a][a]
\NC b \NC otherwise    \NR[eq:b][b]
\stopcases \stopformula

Other than these minor glitches, this is perfect.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008