Taco, Peter,

I guess I am not making myself clear.

I do not want to do this:

\setupformulas[indentnext=auto]

or this:

\setupformulas[indentnext=yes]

Because that has the effect that paragraphs following formulae are
always indented. I don't want that. I want to be able to type the
source like this ...

\setupwhitespace[medium]

\setupindenting[medium,yes]

\starttext

Again, we choose to multiply the fours, then the result by the square
root of three. That is,

\placeformula[-]
\startformula
   4(4\sqrt3)
   =16\sqrt3.
\stopformula

By induction, we can argue that that the associative and commutative
properties will allows us to group and arrange the product of more
than three numbers in any order that we please.

\stoptext

... and not have the next paragraph after the formula. That is the
default. That is what I want. However, on occasion, "sometimes" I do
want to indent the next paragraph after a formula. My question is,
how to override the default behavior "on occasion." That is, every
"rare once in a while," how do I indent a paragraph after a formula.