On 3/31/06, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> For the original problem, I guess Mojca is closest to the
> actual problem. She herself has a continuing fight with
> btex/etex and textext(). If you can, you should try to post
> a 'recipe': make a minimal example in a clean directory,
> post that here along with what commands to run, and all
> of the results (logs, temp files) you get.

The perl script (texexec.pl) has some difficulties (sometimes the
problem with wrong format loding appears and sometimes not), but since
the ruby script is supposed to replace it anyway it doesn't really
make sense to lose time fixing old stuff.

Hans has just fixed the behaviour of newtexexec.rb, so I would suggest
you to do the following:

1. create a file texexec.bat with the following content:
    texmfstart newtexexec.rb %*
and place that file to some arbitrary folder in PATH (but has to be in
front of MikTeX in PATH). So that after you type "texexec",
"texmfstart newtexexec.rb" will be executed.
You might have to download "texmfstart" if you don't have it yet
(cont-win.zip from pragma website, simply drop it into MikTeX bin
folder for example).

You may also try to politely ask the maintainer of MikTeX to include
the texmfstart.exe into MikTeX by default (the more users ask for it,
the more likely will be that he'll do that).

2. wait until Hans uploads the new beta & extract the content from
cont-tfm.zip into the MikTeX tree (to the proper place); I guess that
it should be enough if you only replace the content of /scripts/ruby/*
(Theoretically you can also wait for update in MikTeX, but that would
definitely take much longer.)

Then cross your fingers and try to compile your file again!

Mojca