Hans Hagen wrote:
> � wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>I would like to clip an external eps-figure as LaTeX does with the clip
>>option.
>>
>>Please consider the attachment as an example for en eps with white border
>>and the following LaTeX and ConTeXt code:
>>
>>\starttext % no clipping possible here
>>bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>
>>\externalfigure[test-img][width=0.5\textwidth]
>>
>>bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>\stoptext
>>
>>\documentclass{article}
>>\usepackage{graphicx}
>>\begin{document} % here the white border is clipped away
>>bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>
>>\includegraphics[clip,width=0.5\textwidth]{test-img}
>>
>>bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
>>\end{document}
>>
>>Or is there already such (undocumented) feature?
>>

> \clip[nx=10,ny=20,x=2,y=4]{}
>
> and alike (grep for clip)
>
> Hans

Peter was asking for something different, I believe.

\clip do the thing well but you have to measure a bb somewhere, e.g. in
GhostView. Since \externalfigure have to know bb then an option 'clip'
can do that without manual measuring. There might be even en extension:
apart from 'clip' option there could also be 'bb=10 20 100 200' option
for overwritting original boundingbox. Clipping a figures would be a bit
more strightforward.

Vit