Hello,

First: I've put together a minimal example for this problem which can be
found at http://www.johannesgraumann.net/copy_of_profession/bibprob/
Second: The problem ...
When I declare chapterspecific bibliographies like so:
\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database={bibprob.bib}]
\setuppublications[sorttype=bbl]
\starttext
  \chapter{1}
    \cite[authoryear][garrels:96]\par
    \cite[authoryears][gavin:06]
    \section{References}
      \placepublications[criterium=chapter]
  \chapter{2}
    \cite[authoryear][garrels:96]\par
    \cite[authoryears][gavin:06]\par
    \cite[authoryear][giaever:02]
    \section{References}
      \placepublications[criterium=chapter]
\stoptext

I run into the problem, that shared citations (in this case 'garrels:96'
and 'gavin:06' are only printed following the first '\placepublications'
call and not the second. I'm collating multiple publications into a thesis
and since they all deal with similar themes, there's a lot of overlap. My
university requires chapter-specific complete bibliographies, so the status
quo is bad for me.

Thanks for any hints,

Joh