No, the result is still the same. I realize I am being obtuse, but in
what way, specifically? I placed the code after the ^L after the
writestatus thing, and rebuilt the format (although perhaps that is
not necessary for cont-new?), but the footnotes still come out on top
of each other.

Johan

2006/4/21, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > I tried putting this in the testfile itself but got a complaint about
> > a missing \endcsname. So following some previous advice I put this in
> > texmf-local/tex/context/base/cont-loc.tex and rebuilt the format.
> > Processing the testfile did not generate an error but also no
> > improvement. How should I use this code?
> >

> in cont-new.tex, after \unprotect
>
> (remove the cont-loc file)
>
> Hans

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell