Hello,

In LaTeX (don't remember whether this is generic or specific to one of the
packages I used to use), the 'caption' command for floats came along this
way:

\caption[optional short version]{Caption}

If one uses the 'optional short version' bit, the Table of Figures/Tables
present the short version rather than the whole caption (which in my case
is long paragraphs and makes the TOF/TOT unpractical). I would very much
like to have that functionality in context.

Thanks for any hints on how to achieve this. Poking around in the source did
not lead this newbie to a starting point ...

Joh