I made a plain TeX module for simple abbreviation and bibliography
handling. The problem is it currently uses a temporary file to keep
track of used bibs / abbreviations. Essentially it writes \addToList
[\usedAbbreviations]{<abbr>} and \addToList[\usedReferences]{<cite>}
commands to it, and this file is input on the second pass.

After finding out that ConTeXt *really is* well thought of and robust
I changed the functionality to use TeXutil with \writeutilitycommand.
Everything seems to work, the commands appear in .tui/.tuo files and
are executed, but the token lists are empty when execution reaches
the document. I couldn't figure out how to fix it as I don't yet know
enough about the anatomy of a ConTeXt run and the system.

Jyrki Ruuskanen