Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Johannes Graumann wrote:
>
>>> If you cannot figure it out, try posting a few extra
>>> lines from the log, just before 'cont-err loaded'.
>>>
>> I append the log region around the 'cont-err loaded' part.
>>

> It looks to me like context found a cont-err.tex when it
> should not have.
>
> At the end of a job, ConTeXt looks for a file named cont-err.tex,
> in the directory path that is set by the \setupsystem command in
> <jobname>.tmp. This file itself is generated by texexec, and the
> directory value is based on "setuppath").
>
> In your case, it looks like this directory entry is either
> incorrect, or there is a bug in context, because it finds and
> then loads the file while XML mode is still active.
>
> I do not know how to proceed from here. Hans?

in core-sys.tex, replace:

\ifx\disableXML\undefined \let\disableXML\relax \fi

\def\loadsystemfiles
  {\reportprotectionstate
   \readsysfile\f!newfilename
     {\showmessage\m!systems2\f!newfilename}%
     \donothing
   \readsysfile\f!oldfilename
     {\showmessage\m!systems2\f!oldfilename}%
     \donothing
   \loadallsystemfiles\f!filfilename
     \donothing
   \loadallsystemfiles\f!sysfilename
     {\loadallsystemfiles{\f!sysfilename.rme}\donothing % new, fall back
      \doglobal\appendtoks
        \bgroup
        \disableXML
        \loadallsystemfiles\f!errfilename\donothing
        \egroup
      \to\everygoodbye}}

and let me know if that works ok