On Thu, 11 May 2006, Peter Münster wrote:

> Using teTeX-3.0, here is what I've done to switch from perl texexec to the
> ruby one:
> chmod +x /opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb
> cd /usr/local/bin
> ln -s /opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb texmfstart
>
> copy these 3 lines into /opt/teTeX/bin/texexec:
> #!/bin/sh
> export RUBYLIB=/opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby
> exec texmfstart texexec.rb "$@"

I've just seen, that there are a lot of symbolic links in the teTeX
installation to /opt/teTeX/bin/texexec, so please forget my advice above.
Now I'm doing it like this:
- keep the link for texmfstart
- copy these 3 lines into /usr/local/bin/texexec:
#!/bin/sh
export RUBYLIB=/opt/teTeX/texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby
exec texmfstart `basename $0` "$@"
- /usr/local/bin must come before the /opt/teTeX/bin in your PATH
- in /usr/local/bin you can create other symbolic links to texexec, for
  example texutil and texsync

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/