On Sat, 13 May 2006, Dalyoung wrote:

> Dear Aditya,
>
> I did what you told me,
>
> set RUBYLIB=..../texmf.local/scripts/context/ruby
> export $RUBYLIB

I assume that by ... you mean the exact path of texmf.local

> But there is no change in the output of "texmfstart --verbose texexec".
>
> I copied texexec.rb in the home directory, then I got

What is the output of

export RUBYLIB=path-to-texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby

ruby path-to-texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart texexec.rb
--version

> ~ mac$ texmfstart --verbose texexec
> texmfstart version 1.8.6
> expanding 'texexec' to 'texexec.rb'
> locating 'texexec.rb' in current path '.'
> registering 'texexec' as '/Users/mac/texexec.rb'
> 'texexec.rb' located in current path
> registering 'THREAD' as '/Users/mac'
> starting texexec
> using 'system' call: ruby /Users/mac/texexec.rb
> /Users/mac/texexec.rb:10:in `require': No such file to load -- base/
> switch (LoadError)
>         from /Users/mac/texexec.rb:10
>
> According to this message, it locate texexec.rb. However, the commnad
>
>       texmfstart texexec --make en
>
> did nothing but only a message like this.
>
> /Users/mac/texexec.rb:10:in `require': No such file to load -- base/
> switch (LoadError)
>         from /Users/mac/texexec.rb:10
>
> Would you please tell me what I have to do more?
>
> Thank you for reading.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dalyoung

Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008