Le 16 mai 06 à 01:14, Hans Hagen a écrit :

> Maurice Diamantini wrote:nment.
>>
>> Usually, one can build dynamicaly (default) variable environment
>> at the start of a programm
>> (i.e. in the same process and sub-process), then let the original
>> environment untouch
>> while ending the programm.
> this is what
>
>  texmfstart --tree=.... texexec ....
>
> does; it sets env vars specified in either setuptex.tmf in the path
> mentioned as tree, or some specific tmf file; those tmf files are
> platform independent. this is how i run multiple (different trees)
> on one machine (say a web server);

Thank you very much.
So I can do a little "texexec" script, add its path in front of the
global
path (so that it will be found before any standard old ConTeXt distrib)
and use the new "texexec" shell script as the main context executable
as usualy.

The main avantage over my previous proposal is that it doesn't even
require
adding a new path in the PATH environment variable (which already is
quite
accectable!).

>> I don't know much about context, but if you use some texmfstart
>> laucher, it could have
>> the responsability of that job).
>> In fact, I'd like to only have to add some PATH for using a
>> personnal full ConTeXt
>> distribution near another standard LaTeX (containing obolate Context)
> this is what in regular distributions texmf-local is for

Yes, but the texmf-local is part of a particular directory from a
particular network
or host. And I like to separate my own (full, independant,
robust, ...) ConTeXt
environmement from the several LaTeX distrib I use
(e.g. my unix/osX account is mirror via rsync between hom, work, and
another network.

>> LaTeX will probably become again my main xTeX environment, but I'd
>> like to be able
>> to switch ponctualy to a recent ConTeXt distro, without hacking
>> and breaking
>> my main TeX environment.
> in that case, just put the latest context in your main tree (unzip
> cont-tmf in
> texmf-local or so); that should work as always

No, because of recent font (lm) probleme, I decided to keep a full