On Wed, 24 May 2006 01:50:41 +0200, nico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:15:28 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> not yet interfaced but public anyway
>>
>> \chardef\kindofpagetextareas\plusone
>>
> But I've seen a side effect of this setting. It appears rarely, and I had
> difficulties to reproduce it. So, please find attached the cut-and-pasted
> buggy page to have exactly the same placements.

Here is a simple test case able to reproduce the problem (same behaviour
with context live). Seems related to some vertical stretching stuff in a
page.

\chardef\kindofpagetextareas\plusone
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupwhitespace[medium]

% needed to activate the buggy stuff...
\definetextbackground[listing][background=color]

\starttext

\input tufte\footnote{A footnote}

blah

blah