On 5/25/06, Neal Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How I installed Context in /usr/local on Redhat EL WS v4 using BASH:
>
> Verify that the native RedHat version of tetex is not installed on
> your system; it is not compatible with Contex:

Actually, it is possible to have both without resorting to
virtualizaton, and tetex is required by other packages (to build
documentation).  TeX Live and the minimal ConTeXt you installed are
both structured so all the files are under a single top-level
directory (but, because some installs may put the files on a read-only
filesystem, some generated files may end up under the user's home
directory).  For TeX Live all you have to do is make sure the
bin/<arch> directory is before /usr/bin in the PATH, while the minimal
ConTeXt uses the variables set by "setuptex".  I use the  environment
modules package to switch between distros (e.g., Red Hat's teTeX when
building packages from .src.rpm's, TeX Live for my documents, and one
or more "test" distributions).

> George, taco, thank you for the help.

You are very welcome.  Not everyone is as persistent or willing to
provide adequate detail so they can be helped.

I'm sure that there are dozens of people who have encountered the
"unzip -a" problem in mktexlsr and either got around it without
reporting the problem or just gave up on ConTeXt.

--
George N. White III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia