Hi all,
I just made on my linux-gentoo box a fresh install using (exactly)
this howto:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

But using "texmfstart texexec toto" gives "texmfstart not found"; I tried
with the full path of texmfstart.rb and  get "permission denied"; so I go
into the directory /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/scripts/context/ruby
and see that many scripts are not executable for others (regular users);
so I say "chmod +x *" in that directory and then "texmfstart texexec toto"
still doesn't work but it actually works with the full path; however my
path is correctly set for context afaik.

I tried to set $RUBYLIB to this directory but it doesn't change anything.

TIA for any advice
--
Jean