On Jun 11, 2006, at 3:14 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I gave up once that I tried to follow because lcdftools which texfont
> uses don't work well on Windows.

You don't need lcdftools at all; in fact, I now avoid it for most
installs. I find the easiest route is:

1. create an afm with "fontforge -c 'Open($1);Generate($2)' foo.otf
foo.afm"

2. create a pl file with "afm2pl -p ENCODING.enc foo.afm ENCODING-
foo.pl" (you'll need the file default.lig for this to work and modify
it if need be); this step will also write an (incorrect) map file
which you can edit;

3. pltotf ENCODING-foo.pl

I prefer this approach because it's more transparent than lcdftools.

Best

Thomas