On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:55:43 +0200, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> nico wrote:
>>
>> Hi Hans, since textbackground seems now the default background feature
>> use, do you plan to fix the textbackground overlapping trouble i
>> submitted
>> some time ago?
>>
> remind me what it was ...

In the case of mail [1] textbackground overlapped bottom footnote texts or
top floats if the backgrounded stuff covered two pages.

You suggested to use \chardef\kindofpagetextareas\plusone to prevent from
this behaviour. Using this setting fixed it, but introduced some kind of
vertical stretchiness failure so that page text can overlap a bottom
footnote text as shown in the case of mail [2].

So, both textbackground/page modes have their limitation that makes
textbackground use not satisfying. So, it would be great if it could be
fixed.

I haven't installed the latest context release yet, but there's the same
behaviour with context live.

Thanks,
BG

[1]:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060523.101005.80b07059.en.html

The test case:

\definecolor[ScreenGray][s=.95]
\definetextbackground[grayback]
      [background=color,
       backgroundcolor=ScreenGray,
       frame=on,
       strut=yes,
       width=broad,
       location=paragraph,
       framecolor=ScreenGray,
       leftoffset=\topskipgap,
       before=\blank,
       after=\blank,
       align=right]

\starttext

A footnote\footnote{Covered by the background, right?}.
\input tufte
\input tufte
\input tufte
\input tufte

\starttextbackground[grayback]
\input tufte
\stoptextbackground

\stoptext

[2]:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060524.162941.8a054666.en.html

The test case:

\chardef\kindofpagetextareas\plusone
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupwhitespace[medium]

% needed to activate the buggy stuff...
\definetextbackground[listing][background=color]

\starttext

\input tufte\footnote{A footnote}

blah

blah