On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, David Arnold wrote:

> Sanjoy,
>
> Of course. Thanks.
>
> But how about an example in latex or tex where a function eats a
> brace and crashes, as what happens with this context code:
>
>  \placeformula[-]
>  \startformula
>  [9,\infty)=\{x:\,x\ge 9\}
>  \stopformula
>
> I know I've seen this in Latex before, but I can't remember where.

\begin{equation}
  \begin{aligned}
    [g,\infty)=\{...\}
  \end{aligned}
\end{equation}

The package mathtools enforces that the optional arguments of aligned
et al. should come in the same line, that is

\begin{aligned}[t] takes "t" as an optional arguments which

\begin{aligned}
[t]

does not.

I do not think that this can be ever enforced in Context, because a
lot of Context code is written like

\definesomething
   [somename]
   [some options]

\dosingleempty et al, could be changed to stop scanning on a newline,
but I am certain it will break some of the internals.

Aditya