I'm attempting to do some formatting similar to Bringhurst's Elements of
 Typographic Style and am getting a bit stymied, where section titles
are in the margin right next to the text.

Here's what I've got so far in ConTeXt (and it gets me close):

\setupheads[sectionnumber=no]
\setuphead[chapter][textcommand=\inmargin,style=\tfa,before=\nowhitespace,after=\nowhitespace]
\setuphead[section][textcommand=\inmargin,style=\tfa,before=\nowhitespace,after=\nowhitespace]
\setuphead[subsection][textcommand=\inmargin,style=\scx,before=\nowhitespace,after=\nowhitespace]

This places the chapter/section/subsection titles in the margin alright,
but it is still above the text it refers to. How do I get it alongside?

Thanks for your help!

Jason Knight

--
Jason Knight