On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On 7/9/06, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>> Perhas a
>>>    left=,right=
>>> pair of keywords could solve the problem (left= and right= surrounding
>>> the number; but then we would also have to surround the label with
>>> something as well), where the default of left= would be a space.
>>> \[whatever]commad= could also solve the problem.
>>>

>> left=Q works. The label is
>
> Sigh! A prisoner sitting in the cell thinking about how to escape
> never realizes that the door is not locked at all. Thanks a lot.

> I won't ask where this is documented.

I learnt it the hard way --- trial and error :)

>> \defineenumeration
>>         [question]
>>         [text=Question,
>>          left=Q]
>>
>> \starttext
>>      \startquestion[abc]
>>      Why are there so many spaces in \in[abc]?
>>      \stopquestion
>> \stoptext
>
> If we're talking about \in-s, references, ... It would simplify my
> style file considerably if I was able to get the chapters labelled as
> C1, C1, ... instead of only 1, 2, ... I could get rid of left= which I
> do need when referencing to the questions.

I would also like such a feature. I frequently have

\defineitemgroup[features]
\setupitemgroup[features][each][left=(F,right=),stopper=]
\setupitemgroup[features][each][n,2*broad]

and the I usually do

\definereferenceformat[infeature][left=(F,right=)]

and use \infeature. It would be nice if one could have
referenceleft and referenceright in most setup commands.

Aditya

> That means:
>
> \defineenumeration
>    [question]
>    [text=Question,
>     way=bychapter,
>     sectionnumber=yes,
>     separator={Q.}]
>
> \chapter{About Something}
>
> \section{First Section}
>
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> f(x)=x^2
> \stopformula
>
> \startquestion
> Is it easy to do that?
> \stopquestion
>
> \chapter{About Something Else}
>
> should give
>
> C1 About Something
> C1.1First section
> f(x)=x^2     (C1.1)
> question C1Q.1
>
> C2 About Something Else
>
> Mojca
>

> PS: To David (and Aditya): why not simply
>
> \defineenumeration
> [question]
> [text=,
>  left=\labeltext{question}]

Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008