On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Considering the test http://renojrl.lrv.uvsq.fr/testbed/
>>> I have some problems using lucida:
>>>
>>> texexec gives some warnings:
>>> kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+420/600 --dpi
>>> 420 texnansi-raw-lbr
>>> mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for texnansi-raw-lbr.
>>> kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
>>>
>>> and the resulting pdf leads to "Could not find a font in the Resources
>>> dictionary"...
>>>
>>> Moreover, I don't want to use pk...
>>>
>>> How to solve this problem to embed lucida into
>>> test-3d_kin_foreground.pdf ?
>>> Another point: I am affraid that test.pdf embed lucida twice once one
>>> can embed the font into the staticMPfigure's pdf...
>>>
>>> May I have to continue with my old MPgraphics or I'd rather replace
>>> them by staticMPfigure ?
>> the statics don't work well with text, i need to figure out why
>

> Something very strange is happening here. Looks like a typescript

The statics are working with the alpha. The maps seem to be correctly
identified in the tests taht I made.

> I can not test with lucida (do not have them) but the
> same problem appears with palatino also.
>
> This does not work
>
> \startMPenvironment
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment

This still does not work, but as Hans explained, one should have a
[global] with MPenvironments anyway.

> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
> \stopMPpage
> \stoptext
>

> While this works.
>
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \startMPenvironment
>   \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
>   \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]
> \stopMPenvironment
>
> \starttext
> \startMPpage
>   label.top(btex $a$ first etex,origin) ;
> \stopMPpage
>
> \stoptext
>

> The same thing happens in

The temp file that is created has \loadmapfile[...] in the begining,
and with that the following works correctly.

> \starttext
> \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \startTEXpage