On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
> can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
> mirrors.
>
>    http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>    http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>    http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>
> The current release has version 2006.08.08
>
> A very short list of changes is given below. As usual, there is an
> html page with more detailed release notes available on the Wiki, see:
>
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes

Something broke with formula numbering, and it is due to the numbering
changes. \preparethenumber is commented from core-sec.tex,
dododoformulanumber in core-mat.tex still uses it. As a result even
the simple

\placeformula \startformula a = b \stopformula

fails with

! Undefined control sequence.
\dododoformulanumber [EMAIL PROTECTED] \preparethenumber
                                                   \??fm
\composedsectionnumb...
<argument> \normalreqno {\doformulanumber [][][]{}
                                                   }
\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dostopformula ->\doplaceformulanumber
                                        \getvalue {\e!stop
\formulaparameter ...
l.3 \placeformula \startformula a = b \stopformula

Changing preparethenumber in dododoformula by preparefullnumber gets
rid of the problem.

Aditya