Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> Derek Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Another simple question--have at it!
>>>
>>> I'd like to typeset some poetry. It should be indented, obey lines,
>>> and the lines should be close together, not like separate paragraphs.
>>> So far I've got
>>>
>>> \definestartstop[verse][commands=\obeylines]
>>>

>>> What next?
>>>

>> \startlines...\stoplines
>>
>> has provisions for odd/even indentation and such
>>
>> also, indentation settings can handle odd/even stuff
>>

> Aparantly not! The following simple example does not give me indenting
> of odd lines (unless I misunderstood the feature)
>
> \setupindenting[medium]
> \setuplines[indenting=odd]
>
> \starttext
> \startlines
> first
> second
> third
> fourth
> \stoplines
>
> \stoptext

\showframe

\starttext

\setupindenting[medium,first]

\setuplines[indenting=no]

\startlines
first
second
third
fourth

first
second
third
fourth
\stoplines

\setuplines[indenting=yes]

\startlines
first
second
third
fourth

first
second
third
fourth
\stoplines

\setuplines[indenting=odd]

\startlines
first
second
third
fourth

first
second
third
fourth
\stoplines

\setuplines[indenting=even]

\startlines
first
second
third
fourth

first
second
third
fourth
\stoplines

\page

\setupindenting[no]

first \par second \par third \par fourth \blank first \par second \par third
\par fourth \blank

\setupindenting[yes]

first \par second \par third \par fourth \blank first \par second \par third
\par fourth \blank

\setupindenting[odd]

first \par second \par third \par fourth \blank first \par second \par third
\par fourth \blank

\setupindenting[even]

first \par second \par third \par fourth \blank first \par second \par third
\par fourth \blank

\setupindenting[next]

first \par second \par third \par fourth \blank first \par second \par third
\par fourth \blank

\setupindenting[first]