Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Jones wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have used Latex in the past and have the following code that inserts
>> information on certain pages using afterpage.  Is there some way to do a
>> similar thing in context?
>>

> \setupoutput[pdf]
> \definelayer[info]
>
> \setuplayer[info]
>   [height=\paperheight,width=\paperwidth]
>
> \setupbackgrounds[page]
>   [background={text,info}]% info layer is above normal text layer
>
> \def\WhichPage#1{%
>   \def\docommand##1{\ifnum\pageno=##1\relax
>     \setlayerframed[info][x=20mm,y=\dimexpr\paperheight-15mm,location=r]
>     [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
>       {\tfb This page is inserted on page \number\pageno}\fi}%
>     \rawprocesscommalist[#1]\docommand}%

lemme show you a few tricks:

(1) test for a number in a set (use \expanded{\doifinset....} if in doubt)
(2) use the rightbottom as preset

\def\WhichPage#1%
  {\doifinset{\realfolio}{#1}
     {\setlayerframed
        [info]
        [preset=rightbottom,x=20mm,y=15mm]
        [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
        {\tfb This page is inserted on page \realfolio}%
       }}

\def\WhichPage#1%
  {\doifinset{\realfolio}{#1}
     {\setlayerframed
        [info]
        [preset=rightbottom,x=20mm,y=15mm]
        [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
        {\tfb This page is inserted on page \realfolio}%
       }}

or cleaner (no macro and args involved):

\startsetups [at some pages]

  \setlayerframed
    [info]
    [preset=rightbottom,x=20mm,y=15mm]
    [background=color,backgroundcolor=white]
    {\tfb This page is inserted on page \realfolio}

\stopsetups

\setupheadertexts[\doifinset{\realfolio}{3,4}{\directsetup{at some pages}}]

now, this inserts *as overlay*

however if one wants to insert something after a specific page, there is

% \startpostponing [pagenumber] [+pageoffset]
%
% \startpostponing[2]
%   PAGE 2 \blank
% \stoppostponing
%
% \startpostponing[+1]
%   PAGE +1 \blank
% \stoppostponing
%
% \startpostponing[+2]
%   PAGE +2 \blank
% \stoppostponing
%
% \starttext \dorecurse{4}{\input tufte \page} \stoptext