From: Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:06:02 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] How to display JavaScript's values in ConTeXt
Zhichu Chen wrote:
>  . . .
First thing to say: I'm also a javascript beginner (used it only once!),
so don't expect too much from me :)

In the following code the missing vars and function are added
(javascript debugger), but still the initialisation ('undefined' text)
and the reset for the result field are missing (and who knows what
else). But it's a 'working' starting point.

\startJSpreamble functions used now
 function do_digit(d)
   {console.println("do_digit("+d+") at page "+[this.pageNum]);
    Stack[Level] += String(d);
    do_refresh(Level) }

 var Stack = new Array();
 var Level = 1 ;

 function do_refresh (i) { vv = this.getField("Stack.".concat(i)) ;
 if (vv) { vv.value = Stack[i] ;
 vv.readonly = (i!=Level) ;
 this.dirty = false } }
\stopJSpreamble

>  . . .

I have not used text fields before (so no example code) and this is all
I have about JavaScript:

http://devedge-temp.mozilla.org/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.3/reference/

from http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/pdf/topic_js.html:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/javascript/AcroJS.pdf
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/javascript/AcroJSGuide.pdf
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/javascript/AcroJSRefErrata.pdf

BUT MOST IMPORTANT:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/pdf/debugger.js

"Use this file to enable the JavaScript Debugger in Adobe Reader, as
described in the Acrobat JavaScript Scripting Guide."

Hope that helps,

Peter