Hans Hagen wrote:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi Jorge,
>>
>> batela wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Sirs,
>>>
>>> I want to prepare a forma for handwriting filling. With this propose e
>>> use \blackrule command for trace some lines inside paragraphs. For example,
>>>
>>> I, \blackrule[width=5cm, height=0.05cm] , promise maintain a good...
>>>
>>> In the pdf document appears: I, *!max*___________________ , promise
>>> maintain a good...
>>>
>>> Are there a good reason for that?
>>>

>> Which beta version do you use (texexec --version)? If it's not the
>> latest one (17.09.) simply update to that version. This bug (typo) was
>> fixed some beta versions ago.
>>

> normally this !xxx kind of errors point to a missing \protect

But in this case I had the same error in a prior beta. And if I remember
it right, \blackrule works in the current stable version (and older ones).

This is from a mail I sent you on 31.08.

[..]

\def\doblackrule[#1]%
  {\hbox\bgroup
   \getparameters[\??bj][#1]%
   \setstrut
   \doif\@@bjwidth\ v!max{\def\@@bjwidth {1em}}%
                  ^^^^
I had the text "!max" in one of my gfx  :)

[..]

The typo was corrected in the following beta version. This is the reason
why I think Jorge uses an older beta.

Peter