Am 22.10.2006 um 13:32 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> because of a second edition I had to typeset a project from august
>> 2006 a second time (with very, very little text changes).
>>
>> Then, I experienced that the register had changed (a simple \index
>> [keyword] and \placeregister[index]).
>> And with a closer look I saw that in the first edition the index
>> entries also get listed in the index register when appearing also in
>> the TOC content! Now, it was impossible for me to reproduce this: The
>> first listed entries now came from the beginning of the actual text.
>>
>> Is this a know bug? (Is there already a fix for it?)
>
> IMO, the current behaviour (as I understand it) is a bugfix for the
> known bug of pointlessly indexing a lookup table.
>
> Ask yourself: why would anyone want to be pointed to the table of
> contents from within the register?
>
> Taco

Sure, you are absolutely right (it was not my decision to typeset the
first edition the way it actually was set).

As far as I could see – apart from temporary workarounds (I remember
troubles with columns) – all old ConTeXt files generate the same
output when typeset with a current ConTeXt version.

So I was just wondering that my 3 month old file generates a
different output today.

Steffen