Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:
> If I don't use framed text command (commented here), everything goes
> well - in two columns. But once I uncomment those lines, the list
> appears pretty framed but not in columns. Since I have a lot of math
> formulas indeed, that's bothers me.

> Thank you in advance.

This is because the framedtext creates its own box, that is confusing
the startitemize command. you had better use the (more modern)
textbackgrounds instead. This bit of code is roughly equivalent
to the \defineframedtext:

   \definetextbackground[assignment]
     [rulethickness=2pt,
      location=paragraph,
      corner=round,
      width=\textwidth,
      background=none,
      topoffset=10pt,
      bottomoffset=10pt,
      leftoffset=10pt,
      rightoffset=10pt]

Best, Taco

Side note: Hans, it would be neat if textbackgrounds would understand
a singular offset= option that sets all four offsets in one sweep.
The definition above is overly verbose, IMO.