On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:26:00 -0700
"Paul Jones" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Paul,

> Hello,
>
> Is there some way that I can convert my context file into tex?  I am
> just pondering how much faster running straight tex through pdftex
> would be than using context.  Is there some way to run it through
> texexec and get tex out of it instead of a pdf/dvi?  Or are there
> stats about this kind of thing somewhere that I can lookup?
>
> Thanks,
> paul

You can load only the format files from context and it will run faster
than the ruby and perl version. I can do this on my machine with
\type{pdftex -fmt=cont-en myfile} but this produce dvi-files and you
will never get a table of contents or any else index, because they are
created with the ruby and perl scripts.

What do you mean by creating a tex file, ConTeXt files are normally
always tex-files or do you mean plain or low level TeX.

Wolfgang