Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mit, 20 Dez 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>>> BTW, as you are also one of the luatex people, same problem exists for
>>> luatex which I am also packaging.
>>>
>> Please, please don't do that. The snapshots are bug-ridden and totally
>> experimental. In this stage, we much prefer having only testers that
>> know how to deal with unstable software.
>>

> I forgot to say: If you or the team have strong feelings *against* a
> packaged version, even if it is accompanied by big warnings etc, let us
> know, we can also forget about the packaging for now.

taco's remark only concerns luatex binaries; these are on and off
stable; for instance the new file io part is rather ok now, but
currently taco is redoing much of the font part; somewhere mid 2007
there will be the first more or less beta version, and around tug 2007
there will be the first formal beta release; this means that upto then,
checked in versions can be rather unstable; concerning context:  we use
context for torture testing luatex (related context code is versioned as
'mkiv code' but is not yet distributed) but this testing does not
influence (much) the current context distribution (mkii code)

so, no need to worry -)