On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

is it also possible to specify the maximum number of runs in the TeX-file,
for example "\maxruns{11}" ?
AFAIU, no. I have not checked if runs=11 on top of the file is read.

No, runs=11 is not read. But anyway, I would need something like
"\maxruns{11}", because I would like to put it in a module, that needs a
lot of runs to converge (vertical spacing adjustment to get a letter where
the last page is filled at least to 30%).
Cheers, Peter

hm, long long ago i played with strategies for this ... the attached file shows some of this ... food for thought