On Jan 2, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The next message probably also is interestering to a few of you that
> are not subscribed to the pdftex list.
>
> Best, Taco

Taco and all other pdftex-developers,

congratulations on getting version 1.40 ready for the new year! I had
been using it since the first betas and never had any problems; it's
great that you're going stable. Just one short remark for all those
who may want to upgrade to this version: if you use opentype fonts,
the .otf files have now to reside under TEXMF/fonts/opentype; right
until the last beta, they were (only?) found under TEXMF/fonts/type1,
but this is no longer the case. Apart from this, everything seems to
be wonderfully stable. And now we all wait for luatex (or for
luatools.lua so we can play around with it)...

Best wishes

Thomas