> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:20:31 -0500 (EST)
> From: Aditya Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [NTG-context] A couple of questions on heads.
>
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, Elliot Clifton wrote:
>
> > I'm typesetting a journal. I use \chapter to divide it into articles.
> > I've defined my own heads, and I need to redefine \appendix, however
> > despite reading the manual I cant get them behave as I want.
> >
> > Problems:
> >
> > 1. Each article may have appendices. I've tried defining my own
> > 'appendix' head to replace the default one, but I can't decide which
> > to use, should I derive from chapter or section? The problem with
> > using section as the base, is that the count from my previous sections
> > is inherited.  I don't want numbers of the form 1.1, 1.2, etc, either.
> > I want to number my appendices independently, starting from 1 without
> > the chapter  number. Also, I would like to use roman numerals.
>
> You can separate the appendices by a section block. For example
>
> % appendix is already a section block. By default, a section
> % block starts a new page, you may not want that in a journal
> \setupsectionblock[appendix][page=]
>

> % Change the conversion for sections in appendices.
> \setupsection
>    [section-3]
>    [appendixconversion=Romannumerals]
>

> \starttext
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \startappendices
> \section{An Appendix}
> \stopappendices
>
> \stoptext
>

> HTH,

Yep. Thanks.

I am now using section blocks to create meta-sections, so that inside
the body-matter sections have no numbers whilst the appendices do. It
works great.

One minor problem though. I need the appendices to have labels, like:
Appendix I, etc..

\setuplabeltext[appendix=Appendix] does not work in this situation
what is the correct way of doing it?

Thanks,

Elliot