> \startbuffer[tikz]
> \starttikzpicture
> \draw[red,thick] (0,0) -- (1,1)
>            {[rounded corners] -- (2,0) -- (3,1)}
>                 -- (3,0) -- (2,1);
> \stoptikzpicture
> \stopbuffer
>
> \placefigure
>       {The figure is flushed left, whereas it should be centered.}
>       {\externalfigure[tikz.tmp]}
>
> \stoptext

Hello,

I've been playing a bit with the most simple tikz examples so far, but
after I saw this example I got an impression that ConTeXt users might
also want to see syntax like

\starttikzpicture[optional options]{name}
\stoptikzpicture

\usetikzpicture{name}

in addition to the existing one, which would then be equivalent to
syntax of including metapost graphics. There are dozens of other
\start[whatever] commands defined in the module, but I have no idea
what all of them do. Perhaps \startpgfpicture might be another command
worth considering, but I have no idea about the rest.

Mojca