Hi, Hans

I've been reading page-str and m-streams these days, but I'm so unfamiliar
with ConTeXt's output routine. So one thing leads to another, I have to read
more files to look for the definitions of some low-level macros used in
these files. And I get confused.

Maybe this kind of extension is too hard for me now. Could you give me an
example (as small as possible) to make subpages and combine them onto one
page?

By the way, the m-streams module seems not working pretty well with columns.
I think maybe more setups should be put into "streamlayer:block:settings"
but I really don't know what to do.

Thanks

On 1/16/07, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zhichu Chen wrote:
> Thanks, Mr. Hoekwater
>
> If the texts are short, say they won't go to the next column, they
> could be
> stored into a \vbox whose \hsize is half of the width of current column
> (maybe less) and \vsplit it into two equally high ones.
>
> But when it's long enough, I think I need to know the rest room for the
> current column. Is there any primitives just behavior like \pagegoal?

for those willing to experiment ... m-streams (and page-str) implement
page streams and to some extend one can make columned subpages and feed
them back into the main vertical list

Sincerely yours,
Chen