Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry, the next looks so simple, it's probably an often answered thing
>> (I just could not find the answer anywhere…)
>>
>> Why is there a little gap above the figure, though it should be "top".
>> How to avoid it?
>>
>> \starttext
>> \showframe
>> \placefigure[top]{}{\externalfigure[../Figures/Test][frame=off]}
>> \stoptext
>>

> The gap is the difference between the height of a typical line
> (\blank) and TeX's \topskip parameter. That explains it, but
> I do not see a nice way to correct the behaviour.

i'll add a switch:

\unprotect

\chardef\topinserttopskipmode=0 % 1 no topskip

\def\OTRONEdotopinsertions
  {\ifvoid\topins\else
     \ifgridsnapping
       \box\topins
       \vskip-\topskip
       \vskip\strutheight % [xx] new: see icare topbleed
     \else
       \ifcase\topinserttopskipmode
         % 0: default, do nothing
       \or
         % 1: no topskip (crossed fingers)
         \vskip-\topskip
         \vskip\strutheight
       \fi
       \unvbox\topins
     \fi
   \fi
   \global\topinserted\zeropoint}

\protect

\starttext
\showframe
\placefigure[top]{}{\externalfigure[dummy][frame=on]}
\stoptext

so,

\chardef\topinserttopskipmode=1

will remove topskip; undocumented, not interfaced, etc