Hello,

Just to let you all know: ConTeXt with pdfTeX creates PDF version 1.5
by default, and xdvipdfmx driver of XeTeX (which became the default
one) isn't capable to handle those files. It handles PDF 1.4 OK, so if
you have some PDFs with a too recent version, you should convert them
to a lower version first. (I suppose that it's possible to use a lower
version as a setting in pdfTeX, and probably you can use gs to convert
an existing PDF.)

xdv2pdf handles recent PDFs OK.

So, in case that you have problems with image inclusion, you know what
the problem might be, and it's not sure when it will be solved. (The
problem described below has different kind of problems though.)

Mojca