On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:18:46 -0600, James Buchanan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your input. I think I have enough to go on now. It
> does seem MetaPost is easiest, but quickly gets complicated.

Then you should definitely try TikZ

> I have not
> seen any simple geometry examples labeling angles, for example. I
> suppose though I can figure out those things for myself when I get some
> more practice in.

Again, TikZ ;-)

> Is there a book on ConTeXt that starts from the beginning like layout of
> the page, setup of colors, and things like that, then typing in text,
> and finally drawing, fonts, inclusion of graphics and things like that?

There are two general manuals on ConTeXt in the official documentation,
and also one (The MetaFun manual) on Metapost. Look all three up on the
wiki:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation#General_Manuals

A real-life book on ConTeXt is still needed however. The manuals are a bit
rough around the edges...

Best
Idris

--