On Aug. 27, 2007, at Aug 27, 11:47 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> David Wooten wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Can someone say when typographic "extras" like hz & hanging
>> punctuation will be available in LuaTeX/MKIV for OpenType fonts? ---
>> or are they already available? I thought I'd read a comment on this
>> from Hans, but cannot for the life of me find it.
>
> the pdftex hz code is there and should work to some extend but i
> didn't
> test it; hz needs a clean up (esp all the font related codes,
> global in
> pdftex)
>
> Hans

Hmm, okay. How would one call hz & protrusion with mkiv? Something
like this? (My experiments have produced no good results).

\starttypescript                        [sans] [minion]
        \definefontsynonym      [MinionPro]   [name:MinionPro-Regular]
[features=default,handling=quality]
\stoptypescript

... othertypescript stuff ...

\setupalign                             [hz,hanging]

David