On 10/3/07, Peter Rolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec schrieb:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a document consisting of title page, some introduction which
> > should have pages numbered with roman numerals, and finally the real
> > content
> >
> > \setuphead[subject][page=odd,style=\ss\bfb]
> > \setuppagenumbering[location=]
> >
> > \starttext
> > \startstandardmakeup
> > title page
> > \stopstandardmakeup
> >
> > \startfrontmatter
> > \setuppagenumbering[conversion=romannumerals]
> > \setupfootertexts[page \pagenumber{}]
> > \subject{some intro pages}
> > \input tufte
> > \stopfrontmatter
> >
> > \startbodymatter
> > \setupfootertexts[page \pagenumber{} of \totalnumberofpages]
> > \dorecurse{10}{\subject{real content} \dorecurse{\recurselevel}{\input
> > knuth} }
> > \stopbodymatter
> >
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Now the problems:
> > 1.) The second page starts counting at 1, while counting should start
> > at page 3. This can be solved by using another
> > \startstandardmakeup\strut\stopstandardmakeup.
> >
> > 2.) The last page says "page 26 of 27" - the total page number is
> > indeed 27, but counting started on the second page, so it never
> > reaches the last number.
> >
> > 3.) I would like the page number on the first page of bodymatter to be
> > "page 1 of 23" instead of "page 4 of 27", and the last one to ge "page
> > 23 of 23" instead of "page 26 of 27"
> >
> > There is some way=bychapter setting for page numering, but in that
> > case there are no suitable chapters/sections available.
> >
> > Any hints appreciated ...
> >
> Hi Mojca,
>
> see
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/magazines/mag-0002.pdf
>
> (Page ranges) for the details.

Thanks a lot for the pointer. But the following example fails:

\setuppagenumbering
        [location=]
\setupsubpagenumber
        [state=start]
\setupfootertexts
        [page \subpageno{} of \nofsubpages]

\starttext
        abc
\stoptext

! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   {
<argument> page \subpageno {
                            } of \nofsubpages {}{}{}
\firstoftwoarguments #1#2->#1

\doattributes ...sname [EMAIL PROTECTED] \endcsname \fi {#4
                                                  }\dostopattributes
\dosingletexts ...atetexts {#1#2#5}{#6{}{}{}}}}}}}
                                                  \egroup
<argument> ...tk \v!footer \v!text \c!middletext }
                                                  \hss }\hskip -\makeupwidth...
l.11 \stoptext

Plus, I don't know how to instruct "way=by..." to reset the counter at
the boundary of frontmatter/bodymatter

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca