Hi,

If you're using Kate then I guess u're on Linux, in which case you should
try the Scite distro that comes with the larger ConTeXt distributions.
Scite is also available on Windows.

But on Windows I use Notepad++ (NPP), which I have configured for ConTeXt,
and which is soooo much more sophisticated than Scite. I posted a note to
this list with details a few months back; see the archives.

BTW, I am updating the NPP package soon, and will post to the list when
it's ready.

As for etiquette, we're mostly a relaxed, mutually helpful, easy going
bunch so relax ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:06:10 -0600, Matija Šuklje
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've just learnt enough LaTeX to start writing when Mojca convinced me
> to try
> out ConTeXt. So far, I think I like it, but have a few beginner's
> problems
> with it.
>
> The first one being, which editor to use? So far I've been using Kile for
> LaTeX and KBib for BibTeX, but Kile doesn't support (yet) ConTeXt syntax,
> which is a bit different from the LaTeX one.
>
> Could anyone suggest a good ConTeXt-aware editor for Linux?
>
> Ideally, I would like to see Kile (and Kate) support ConTeXt, but untill
> manage to bug  their devs into it, I would still need an editor.

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523