Hans Hagen wrote:

>> Thanks for that! I found the zipping reference and got it to work.
>> Returning now to the example above ("texmfstart
>> texexec --lua --environments=myfile.tex someotherfile.zip"), what I would
>> like to do is using lua in "myfile.tex" to extract the filename to be
>> texed (someotherfile.zip) and rewrite it on the fly to a zip-archive
>> content along the lines of
>> \input zip::someotherfile.zip::somezipcontent.tex
>>
>> Is that possible? "texmfstart texexec --verbose" produces something like
>> TeXExec | option 'filename' is set to 'someotherfile.tex', so how to
>> access this during processing using lua?
>
> texmfstart texexec --lua myfile.tex --arg="name=someotherfile.zip"
>
> mak emyfile.tex your main tex file (use --global if needed) and then use
> \env{name}

Thanks Hans! Not as elegant as I had hoped, but it does what I want when I
use "\input zip::\env{name}::somezipcontent.tex" in myfile.tex ...
Now is there any way to define the output-filename from within myfile.tex?
This would be analogous to texexec's '--result' option, but from within the
texfile to change the output-name with the help of the newly
defined '\env{name}' - in the example to '\env{name}.pdf'.

Thanks, Joh