On Nov 13, 2007 4:51 AM, Wolfgang Schuster
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> % continue chapter numberind over parts
> \setuphead[part][resetnumber=no]

Thanks, that was simple in the end...

Now, a real TOC question/problem.

Reading through old posts and docs, I remain unconvinced as to what is
the best solution between creating my own lists or customizing the
standard Alternatives. But even then, is the latter possible?

I only need to modify two slight details with alternative c (or b, not
sure yet if I use the dots or not). When creating my own lists, I try
to emulate alternative c but I still am not satisfied with what I come
up with.

First off, I don't want the chapter/section numbers to align on the
left, I want them to indent with the text.

Second, I don't want the chapter number in my section numberings. So,
instead of the following (here I don't bother with the page numbers) :

I        Chapter One
I-1     First Section
I-1.1 First Subsection
I-1.2 Second Subsection
I-2   Section Section
II        Chapter Two
II-1    First section
II-1.1 First subsection
II-2.1 Section subsection

I'd like to have:

I. Chapter One
     1. First Section
         1.1. First Subsection
         1.2. Second Subsection
     2. Section Section
II. Chapter Two
     1. First section
         1.1. First subsection
         2.1. Section subsection

If I make my own lists, I don't know how to align the page number to
the right, like alternative=b/c does, and I can't find how to have a
linebreak with single linespacing after an entry (my document doesn't
use single linespacing and so it interefered with my TOC
explorations). Alternative=b/c does everything I need, minus the two
details mentionned above. So, it would seem easier if I could just
modify it. Is it possible?

Thanks again!
Jeff