2007/11/14, Steffen Wolfrum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> in a layout with footnotes at the bottom of the page it happens
> sometime that the last bodytext line is moved to a new page although
> it *looks* as there would be enough space between the last bodytext
> line and the footnote's "blackrule".
> When printing the page and using the ruler you may find out that only
> 0.5mm is missing ...
>
> I know that there is a way to control the space between the blackrule
> and the first footnote's line:
> \def\MyRule
>     {\blackrule[width=3cm,height=1mm]
>      \vskip.5cm}% here this space is 0.5cm

This is a valid hack but not a perfect solution, a parameter called "inbetween"
for \setupnote would be the perfect option to control this.

> But how do I control the space between the *last bodytext line* and
> the blackrule??

You can change the space before the footnotes with
\setupnote[footnote][before=...]
or its short form \setupfootnotes[before=...]. A empty value for
before removes all
whitespace between the text and the footnote but a small space between both
lcks a little bit better to me.

The answer to this question was "look into the source", core-not.tex
is your friend.

Wolfgang