On Jan 15, 2008 7:47 PM, Aditya Mahajan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For those of you who have used mkiv under Ubuntu (or Debian, I
> > suppose), had it worked "out of the box" or is "some assembly
> > required"?
>
> Can you use Debian sid repositories for Hardy? If so, Norbert Preining
> provides deb packages for context, texlive, luatex, and tex-gyre, which
> are fairly up-to-date, and may be the easiest way to get a fully working
> mkiv.

As I understand it, Dr Preining is the Debian maintainer of the
context, luatex, &c. packages, and so the .debs on his website are
previews of the official packages.  I'd installed and uninstalled his
packages trying to make things work, but only the install I did today
actually produced PDF output from "texexec --luatex hello.tex".  I
did, however need to generate the format files; Norbert, can you
please include that in the ConTeXt package set-up?

(As an aside, texlive-xetex depends on a version of libpoppler that my
Ubuntu system doesn't yet have.)

> I use Gusty and have a almost fully working mkiv. I compiled luatex on my
> own, and had to set TEXMFCNF and LUAINPUTS variables in my shell.

Don't have them in the environment, only in kpathsea, but the
compilation went OK.

Is there a test file with mkiv-only features I can better test my
installation on?

--Joel