Dear ConTeXt experts,

I have setup a page layout where I use "table" in the page-head for
formatting quite a bit of stuff. (The example below is just a simple
as can be basic idea, to show the overall effect)
Now - as I can't prevent later users of this layout environment - to
not use \starttables ... \stoptables I naturally would like for this
to work in the text region as well.
This works fine and as advertised (well mostly, see below) as long as
the table does not spill over to the next page. In which case, things
start to look very messy, indeed.

 From my (simple) point of view it looks like ConTeXt gets confused
about which format to use for which table and tries to do them all at
the same place or something.

Any chance to get this fixed ?

Thanks in advance
Carsten

P.S.: There is an additional bug (also concerning the single page
version and not related to having a "table" in the pagehead), which
puts in an extra (empty) gap in between the end of the tablebody and
the tablefoot when the tablefoot starts with \HL (and there is no \HL
at the end of tablebody).
Things work when putting the \HL at the end of the tablebody, but then
no \HL will be put on top of the foot for any intermediate pages of
the table, which is certainly not what one would usually want in this
case.

Anyway, here a simple version of this to demonstrate the effect(s)

\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\setupheadertexts[\setups{pagehead}][][\setups{pagehead}][]
\startsetups[pagehead]
\SetTableToWidth{\makeupwidth}
\starttable[|p(40mm)|p(60mm)|p(40mm)|]
\HL
\VL \leftaligned{left} \VL \midaligned{middle} \VL
\rightaligned{right} \VL\SR
\HL
\stoptable
\stopsetups

\starttext

\start
\SetTableToWidth{\makeupwidth}
\setuptables[split=repeat]
\starttablehead
\HL
\VL Head \VL\SR
\HL
\stoptablehead
\starttabletail
\HL     % This results in an additional bug,
        % i.e. an extra / unwanted gap
\VL   Foot \VL\SR
\HL
\stoptabletail
\starttables[|p(.95\textwidth)|]
\VL \input knuth \VL\FR
%\dorecurse{1}{\VL \input tufte \VL\MR}
\dorecurse{10}{\VL \input tufte \VL\MR}
\VL \input knuth \VL\LR
% \HL   % putting \HL here does not introduce
        % that unwanted gap ...?!?
\stoptables
\stop