Am 2008-01-29 um 18:48 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid:

> So do I. But I still use \dots mostly so I did not realize the
> difference;
> I thought they were the same (or forgot they are different).
>
> Why the different definitions I wonder? Till then I'll proabably
> \let\textellipsis=\unknown.
>
>> (there a short discussion about this topic a
>> long time ago).
>
> Yes, I was thinking of that when I wrote... need to research/review it
> again...

And I guess my usual redefinition of \dots as
\def\dots{\thinspace.\thinspace.\thinspace.\thinspace}
stems from one of that discussions.

But let me please revive the subject of this thread:
My problem is not with \dots, but with \index within a header command
like this:

\setuphead[Titel][page=yes, number=no, textcommand=\TitelFrame]
\def\TitelFrame#1{\index{#1}%
        \framed[
                width=\textwidth,
                height=7.5mm,
                frame=off,
                align={right,high}]%
        {\hw\tfa #1}%
}

I can't tell if it's an expansion problem, but that's probable,
because a single \index{foo} works.

Here's a rather minimal working example that shows the index problem
(even if not the failure with my actual project):

\starttext

\def\MyTitle#1{{\index{#1}\bfa #1}}
\setuphead[chapter][page=no, number=no, textcommand=\MyTitle]

\chapter{Lalala}
\input tufte

\chapter{Bingo}
\input tufte